CD and LP editions available exclusively via Bowie’s store and Warner Music Group’s Dig! Store
Parlophone Records is proud to announce further details for David Bowie Brilliant Live Adventures, a series of six live albums from the 1990s which will be released on vinyl and CD as limited one run only pressings. There will also be special limited edition boxes for both vinyl and CD to house the full collection. The albums and boxes will be available only via the David Bowie official store and Warner Music Group’s Dig! store.
The first three albums and the special limited edition boxes will be released pre-Christmas, with the remaining three albums coming early next year.
The second release on CD and double vinyl is No Trendy Rechauffe (Live Birmingham 95), a previously unreleased live album recorded live at the Birmingham NEC on December 13, 1995. This was the final show of the Outside Tour in 1995 and was the first night of a five night festival promoted as “The Big Twix Mix Show.”
The set list features rare live performances of “Jump They Say” and “Strangers When We Meet” — the latter featuring lyrics that inspired the album’s title.
The album also features two versions of “Hallo Spaceboy,” the second of which was filmed as “Spaceboy” was the intended next single at the time. The video was never completed, as the track was subsequently remixed by the Pet Shop Boys for single release and an alternative promotional video made.
Excerpts from the show were broadcast by the BBC, and “Moonage Daydream” and “Under Pressure” were mixed by David Richards for release on the “Hallo Spaceboy” CD single. Both versions on this album are previously unreleased, included here as played and mixed on the night they were performed.
No Trendy Rechauffe (Live Birmingham 95) was produced by David Bowie and performed by Bowie – vocals and saxophone, Carlos Alomar – rhythm guitar, Reeves Gabrels – lead guitar and vocals, Gail Ann Dorsey – bass and vocals, Zachary Alford – drums, Peter Schwartz – musical director, keyboards and synthesisers, George Simms – vocals, and Mike Garson – piano and keyboards.
- Look Back In Anger (David Bowie/Brian Eno)
- Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) (David Bowie)
- The Voyeur Of Utter Destruction (As Beauty) (David Bowie/Brian Eno/Reeves Gabrels)
- The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie)
- Hallo Spaceboy (David Bowie/Brian Eno)
- I Have Not Been To Oxford Town (David Bowie/Brian Eno)
- Strangers When We Meet (David Bowie)
- Breaking Glass (David Bowie/George Murray/Dennis Davis)
- The Motel (David Bowie)
- Jump They Say (David Bowie)
- Teenage Wildlife (David Bowie)
- Under Pressure (David Bowie/Freddie Mercury/Roger Taylor/John Deacon/Brian May)
- Moonage Daydream (David Bowie)We Prick You (David Bowie/Brian Eno)
- Hallo Spaceboy (version 2) (David Bowie/Brian Eno)