Metallica is preparing for a massive North American leg its ‘WorldWired’ tour. Here are 33 venues that are probably on the list.
Metallica is one the highest-grossing touring bands in the world. Now, they’re getting ready to unveil a North American tour schedule for their long-running ‘WorldWired’ tour, with at least 33 venues participating.
Over the weekend, these venues uploaded a cryptic teaser video with one word: ‘Monday’. The lettering matches the artistic motif Metallica’s latest release, Hardwired… To Self-Destruct, released in 2016. The band started a massive worldwide tour shortly after that album’s release, one that included a kick-f in Puerto Rico and a performance at the 2017 Grammys.
Most likely, the ‘Monday’ refers to Monday, February 26th, when the group is expected to release its full, North American tour schedule. In the meantime, metal bible Blabbermouth compiled a list the 33 different venues that have posted the teaser video.
Here are those venues.
- Albany, NY (Times Union Center)
- Birmingham, AL (BJCC)
- Boise, ID (Taco Bell Arena)
- Buffalo, NY (KeyBank Center)
- Charlotte, NC (Spectrum Center)
- Cincinnati, OH (US Bank Arena)
- Cleveland, OH (Quicken Loans Arena)
- El Paso, TX (Don Haskins Center)
- Fresno, CA (Save Mart Center)
- Grand Forks, ND (Alerus Center)
- Grand Rapids, MI (Van Andel Arena)
- Indianapolis, IN (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
- Kansas City, MO (Sprint Center)
- Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)
- Lincoln, NE (Pinnacle Bank Arena)
- Louisville, KY (KFC Yum Center)
- Lubbock, TX (United Supermarkets Arena)
- Milwaukee, WI (Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center)
- Minneapolis, MN (Target Center)
- Nashville, TN (Bridgestone Arena)
- North Little Rock, AR (Verizon Arena)
- Pittsburgh, PA (PPG Paints Arena)
- Portland, OR (Moda Center)
- Raleigh, NC (PNC Arena)
- Sacramento, CA (Golden 1 Center)
- Salt Lake City, UT (Vivint Arena)
- Saskatoon, SK, Canada (SaskTel Centre)
- Sioux Falls, SD (Premier Center)
- Spokane, WA (Spokane Arena)
- Tulsa, OK (BOK Center)
- University Park, PA (Bryce Jordan Center)
- Wichita, KS (Intrust Bank Arena)
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Bell MTS Place)
The band has already completed a number European dates this year. Hardwired… To Self-Destruct is Metallica’s tenth studio album.